Schedule Pick Up in Check Out Page

I’d like to request for the option to toggle the title of the buttons at the check out screen to show “Schedule Pick Up Time” rather than the three buttons it currently shows which all do the same things. The buttons are: Edit, Pick up Time and Pick Up location. When you click on any of these buttons at the check out screen when scheduling a pick up, a pop up comes up where the customer can schedule for the available pick up dates and times. However it is not made clear that that option is available without a properly titled button.
I’ve attached a picture of the screen and buttons I’m referring to. It is very confusing to customers who are trying to schedule a pick up but don’t know where to go and also don’t know that those circled items are active buttons. There should definitely be an option to at least toggle the buttons to show “Schedule Pick Up” if that option is available.

Is this with the Square Online Store checkout page? If so the buttons on the checkout page aren’t currently configurable. Or is this with a partner integration? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan, thanks for your prompt response!
Yes this is in the Square Online, Store Checkout page. I understand if they are not configurable, but is it possible to at least update the text so that customers will see that these captions are clickable buttons? The “edit” button for example: Can it be revised to say something like “Schedule Pick Up” or “Select Date & Time”.
Or maybe next to the time and date shown under the address location, it can say something like (choose date and time).
That is the function of those buttons after all, but you can’t tell that when you’re looking at the check out screen. It would be great if it was a little more obvious that there are buttons available for you to edit your pick up details once clicked. Would that at all be possible?
I’ve attached a couple more images to give you an example of what I need to show my customers so they’re not confused when checking out. How can we improve the check out screen in order to avoid these extra explanations?

I don’t believe the buttons can be customized. I’d recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team to confirm since they support the Square Online Store. They may know something I don’t since this Forum is for Square Developer products. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to add that I fully agree with amortconfections. I tried to report this to the online customer service and I was not able to get them to understand the shortfalls of this option when using preorder. I agree that this is a development enhancement that should be considered.

It is not always easy to explain to customers if they are not on your mailing list to show what to do. I will say until amortconfections pointed out there was a edit button I did not see it. I happened to stumble on the fact that if you click on the date you can change it. I am actually a developer/baker and if I did not immediately know/see these a common user will not.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: