I love Square. I love Reader SDK (and all the examples, documentation and support), but I believe it’s in need of some TLC and get some overdue updates. Here are some of the pain points I’ve came across while implementing the Reader SDK and would like to respectfully request the following features be added to the Reader SDK:
- Offline Mode: I want to be able to charge cards in offline mode when there are Square outages (granted today’s wasn’t nearly as bad as the major one few months ago). Businesses cannot be non-operational due to not being able to take payments. Being able to take charges offline isn’t perfect but it’s good enough (even with the potential risk to failure to settle). Square app can already do it, give us the ability to.
- Transactions → Orders: Transactions are deprecated.
- TransactionId (OrderId) be provided even for non-card transactions/orders: I want to eliminate the need to search. The order gets created regardless, the server already sends a response to the Reader SDK, so let’s make the id readily accessible.
- optional statementDescriptionIdentifier to SQRDCheckoutParameters to align checkout parameters to paymentApi: I want to be able to set this parameter.
And in general:
- Refunds/Returns: currently the Refund(s) to Payment(s) via api currently do not get reflected on the Order object. I want to be able to make a return/refund to a specific Order’s line item and/or service charge and have the Order object reflect appropriately.
I know these feedbacks work since ya’ll implemented the attachments to invoices via api. Thank you for that.
Thank you for this too!