Hey there,
Try as I might I can’t get the iOS SDK to recognise any of my Square readers - each work independently when using the official Square app. I’ve followed all the steps, permissions are correct authorised with the correct credentials. Bundle id and team id have been provided correctly. Still I get the message:
“Unable to establish a secure connection to Square” when I call up the settings within the app (for example using the Donut sample)
Does anyone have any tips or useful ways to debug what part of the auth is going wrong?
Thank you!
gordon
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I’m assuming you are referring to our mobile payments sdk?
The first thing that I would check is to make sure you have verified your application signature.
Application Signature Documentation
In the Developer Console → your app → Production → Mobile Payments SDK → Add Signature, ensure the registered Bundle ID exactly matches your app’s CFBundleIdentifier and the Team ID matches your signing identity.
You can verify your signed build matches with:
bash
codesign -dv --verbose=4 Payload/YourApp.app 2>&1 | grep -E 'Identifier|TeamIdentifier'
Confirm you’re using the production Application ID
(not Sandbox) to initialize the SDK and ensure your OAuth token authorizes the correct seller/location and includes PAYMENTS_WRITE_IN_PERSON
Check the SDK logs for the underlying auth error, since that message is pretty generic. Also double-check sandbox vs production credentials and the bundle/team ID configuration in the sample.