Implementing Square Reader SDK in person payments in Flutter/ Dart for IOS

It turns out that distributing adhoc apps via firebase on ios 16.2 now requires developer mode turned on.
Here is the official link from firebase with the issue description.
https://firebase.google.com/docs/app-distribution/troubleshooting?platform=ios#_developer-mode-required-ios

Thank you for your time.

Hi Bryan,

Background: Flutter mobile app using Square reader SDK for in person payments

Do you know if there is an option for offline credit card payments? If yes could you please provide steps to achieve that. Currently we are able to make credit card payments when connected to internet.

Thanks
Suresh

Currently, Reader SDK doesn’t support offline mode. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Bryan. Always appreciate your quick response.

Hi Bryan,
It seems my client spoke to the Square engineer today and they told offline mode is available, could you please check and confirm if offline mode is available for reader sdk? if not how to implement in-person payments capable of offline payments for mobile app with flutter framework?

Thank you for your time,
Suresh

I can confirm that it’s not available with Reader SDK. It’s documented in out Requirements and limitations:

• The Reader SDK cannot process transactions when offline. A Reader SDK application must be connected to the Internet and be able to reach Square servers to process any payment cards taken by the application.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Could you please provide me the Square sdk to use in the following:

• Custom mobile application written in Flutter/Dart
  • In Person payments with Square reader
  • Square SDK must work in offline mode
  • Steps to integrate into the mobile app for Ios like what you had for reader-sdk

It is very important for us to be able to support offline credit card mode, so your inputs on this is really appreciated.

Thanks.

At this time there isn’t an SDK that supports offline mode available with Square’s developer products. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am not sure who in your team has given that information to our client that you do have an SDK to support offline payments in flutter native app.

This link is Point of sale api, that has offline mode, will this work for flutter mobile app?

That will work with offline mode however we don’t have a Flutter package for the Point of Sale API. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am sorry Bryan but I am totally confused now.
On Pub.dev you have a Square POS SDK for Flutter but there is only one like with 20% popularity that is very scary to use, which is why I am reaching out to you.

So why you think this doesn’t work?

That wasn’t built by us. That looks like it was built by an indie developer. I’d recommend reaching out to them with any questions about that integration. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Bryan, always appreciate your help and I am sorry if I kept asking lot of questions.