Hello, I am desperately trying to figure out how to find the proper location ID in our Square account for our third party ticket agent. The one in the sandbox from our developer dashboard doesn’t work. Nobody at square knows what I’m talking about. Any help will be useful. Thanks in advance.
Hi @glope720 welcome to the forums!
Can you clarify what you mean by the one in the sandbox doesn’t work? Doesn’t work in what sense? That should be your location_id, yes. Or, you can call
ListLocations in the API to see your locations.
So at the top there is a togle that is sandbox or production. Where can I find the number to call Listlocations?
On that page, on the left-hand nav, you should see “Locations” which has your location ids (see screenshot below). I’m not sure what you mean by number…to call our APIs you would use the “access token”. You can see more about using it and basic requests here: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/build-basics/using-rest-api.
Can we get location id by name?
Currently, there isn’t a way to query the Locations API filtering by name. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.
@glope720 I understand that you’re having trouble finding the proper location ID in your Square account for your third-party ticket agent. Here are a few steps you can take to locate the correct location ID:
- Sign in to your Square account: Visit the Square website and log in using your credentials.
- Access Locations: Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Locations” section of your Square account. This is where you can manage and view the details of your different business locations.
- Find the specific location: Identify the location that corresponds to the one you want to obtain the location ID for. Take note of the name or any unique identifiers associated with that particular location.
- Retrieve the location ID: Look for the location’s ID within the “Locations” section. Square typically displays the location ID alongside the location name or within the location’s details. It may be listed as a unique alphanumeric code.
- Contact Square Support: If you’re still unable to locate the location ID or if the provided ID is not working, reaching out to Square Support directly may be the next step. Explain the issue you’re facing, mention that you have already searched for the location ID within your Square account, and request their assistance in finding the correct location ID for your third-party ticket agent.
Square Support should be able to provide you with the necessary guidance and assistance in locating the correct location ID specific to your account setup.
@emmawade Thanks for the assistance here however the
location_ids aren’t available in the Seller Dashboard. The only way a seller can access the
location_ids is through the Developer Dashboard in the Locations section.