How to fetch 'Available to sell' quantities for catalog items

I’m using the inventory-api to fetch the ‘Stock on hand’ quantity for catalog items, but I can’t see how to fetch the ‘Available to sell’ quantities - they show on the Item list in Square, so surely I can get them via the API too?

‘Available to sell’ looks to be the stock on hand, less quantities from items in any unpaid invoices - I tried fetching UNPAID Invoices, and then fetching the related order… but I get a 405 (the fetch works fine for PAID invoices)

What’s the item_variation_id that your seeing this with and what’s your application ID?

Also invoice orders that are created in the Seller Dashboard won’t be available till the invoice is fully paid for. Except if you add ACH as a payment method. If you add ACH as a payment method then the order will become available with the API. :slightly_smiling_face:

ApplicationId is “sq0idp-oZLNNi9_xqrsNF53v2ifog”

CatalogItemVariation.ItemId is “NC73SHTG52XURPEQKWSITBOB”

For this item Square correctly shows ‘Stock on hand’ as 1, and ‘Available to sell’ as 0, since there is an unpaid invoice for 1 of the item. I’m just not sure which field I should be using to get the “Available to sell” value.

We’re in Australia and I don’t think the ACH payment option is available here… and really I was trying a workaround (hack!) to calculate ‘stock reserved by unpaid invoices’ to determine the ‘available to sell’

At this time with the Inventory API and the Catalog API the Available to sell value isn’t available in the API responses. All items are available to be sold unless marked as sold out. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help - at least it wasn’t me boy-looking :smiley:

We have an app that shows what’s available in our shop, so it would be good if there was some way to show what’s “Available to buy” so people aren’t disappointed when they turn up (it’s also handy for staff to quickly check what should be on the shelves).

Please put in a request for “Available to sell” - and maybe a request to allow retrieval of items against UNPAID orders (I don’t understand why they’re not fetchable until paid, cancelled etc)

I’ve definitely shared this feedback with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan. Any news to share on accessing ‘Available to sell’ via the API?

At this time we don’t have any additional updates on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan. Any update?

No additional updates at this time. :slightly_smiling_face: