Get file attached to customer record using API

Hi,

I am using an image file attached to each customer record to store a photo of each client. I would like to be able to export or retrieve those photos in order to make and print membership cards. Is there a way using customer export or API to download a file (a JPG image in my case) file attached to a customer record?

When I click on an image attached to a customer in the Square web UI, I get a link that looks like this:
/api/v1/rolodex/download-attachments?merchant_token=(token here)&attachment_tokens=(another token here)&preview=true

It seems that this is still using the deprecated Square API v1 as all other published API doc are pointing to API v2.

Thanks.

Currently, adding images to a customer profile isn’t currently supported with the Customers API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

How is the above link being generated? Do you have some examples or application ID. :slight_smile:

@Bryan-Square Thank you for your reply. Once an image file is uploaded to a customer record using Square web UI, click on it to view it. Then right click on the displayed image and select Open image in new tab (in Chrome). This address I have cited in my message will be in the browser’s address bar.

I look forward to be able to manage files attached to customer records using API. If you have to prioritise some functions, please develop attachement list and retrieve first. Thanks.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slight_smile:

1 Like