Errors installing Square POS iOS SDK

Hi, I’m developing an iOS App in Swift and need to access the Square POS iOS SDK, however, I’m having some issues installing it:
When I install through CocoaPods, even once I’ve set up the custom URL scheme, Xcode throws the error: 'openURL:' is deprecated: first deprecated in iOS 10.0. When I try to install through Carthage, the Carthage terminal returns:

Skipped building SquarePointOfSaleSDK-iOS due to the error:
Dependency "SquarePointOfSaleSDK-iOS" has no shared framework schemes

If you believe this to be an error, please file an issue with the maintainers at https://github.com/Square/SquarePointOfSaleSDK-iOS/issues/new

I’ve opened an issue on GitHub, but it seems not to be monitored frequently.
Any help would be appreciated because I really need this dependency working in my project as soon as possible.
Thanks heaps

Hi @hosposcaferestaurant,

If you replace openURL with it’s replacement open(_:options:completionHandler:) does it work as expected?

I have a problem installing Square POS iOS SDK, when installing via CocoaPods, even after setting up a custom URL scheme, Xcode throws the following error

‘openURL:’ is deprecated: first deprecated in iOS 10.0

Probably this problem is reproduced by all users of Square POS SDK. It is a fatal bug.

Thanks for surfacing. I’ll definitely let the team know. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you Bryan, I have confirmed that the SDK is fixed. Thank you very much.