Discount oddity

This is a low priority anomaly, and I am only mentioning it in the spirit of “see something, say something.”

We have a discount on a featured item that changes daily.

We are using the API to modify the DISCOUNT object amount and the PRODUCT_SET items.

Everything appears to be working normally, but I noticed that when I open the discount from the dashboard the first time after the API update, the automatic discount list of items is empty. If I close and reopen the discount, the expected item(s) appear.

This does not appear to have any relation to how long I wait to open the discount in the dashboard. Even many minutes after making the API change, the list is empty and does not appear until the second time opening it.

My guess is that there is some caching going on somewhere, but it only seems to affect the first dashboard open of the discount after the API update.

I don’t need a response, and as long as this doesn’t impact how it is working it not a big deal (to me). Just sharing in case this could be indicative of a more pervasive issue.

Thanks

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Whats the catalog_object_id of the discount your seeing this behavior with? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

It is actually 6 of them, 2 per location, as follows.

JXEQKQPMI3OHBJS6WC6N2Y5J
BN3KIJ52WI2IVLTAATJSNZGH
FPKASU7MB2AOEQ5DOTUACEMY
WU73MMK2CFAYPX7ZWZ7YVDMD
AIJKSNM4JDOXQ5I6QJU2IQK4
3X4NHX3ROF2OQPELXGM4WKIL

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you! We appreciate this. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wouldn’t think it should matter, but for each location, I am looping through the interesting objects and adding the ones I want to modify to a batch-upsert transaction.

In my particular case, I am updating two DISCOUNT objects and two PRODUCT_SET objects per transaction post.

Thanks