Delay in getting the updated card list

Hi,
I am not getting the latest card list from the customer profile when I am performing any action on a particular card. I use to fetch all the cards from the profile just after the action is performed. This happening in 2 cases :

1. Add a new card : Unable to see my latest added card in the list
  2. Remove the added card : Still I can see my removed card in the list

Although after some delay, I can see my card list gets updated. Can you guys please let me know why it is happening?

:wave: This is expected. There may be a slight delay for when card information is updated due to asynchronous actions that’s done on the Square side. :slightly_smiling_face:

So how much maximum delay I can expect?

I am noticing the same thing with after adding a card and disabling a card. The card list doesn’t update for 5 to 10 seconds.

This is unfortunate since we have the same workflow - client adds (or disables) a card and then we want to immediately show the updated list of cards. Hopefully this can be made to work in more real time.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot Bryan for your quick response.

Hello Bryan-Square,

I am facing the same issue, as per the flow when a customer adds a new card we show all cards and because of delay, the new card is not showing in the list. Please confirm if there is any update on this issue or a timeline when we expect a resolution.

@Chuck This is expected. There may be a slight delay when card information is available in ListCard due to asynchronous actions that’s done on the Square side. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why does the disable card method have this problem and the deprecated delete card method didn’t?

How long until the delete card method is no longer available? Will that be enough time for your team to fix the delay in listing cards that are either new or disabled?

The team is aware of this delay which is due to internal services. They are incrementally making improvements behind the scenes to improve the performance.

Currently DeleteCard is deprecated however at this time the retirement date is TBD. :slightly_smiling_face: