Cards API response being cached

It looks like it’s taking my cards listing endpoint a few seconds to refresh the data after adding / deleting a card in the sandbox.

I’ll delete a card, then I can make 2 - 3 api calls before it actually disappears from the endpoint.

Similar results when adding a card.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, as if the cards endpoint is being cached?

After successfully adding or deleting cards there may be a small delay before you’re able to retrieve the information from the ListCards endpoint if you are calling it right after you added or removed the card. We recommend either waiting a bit to pull the data or create a loop until you’re able to successfully retrieve the card details. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan!

This essentially means a headless approach isn’t viable for the api - I should store the card reference locally and delete it from my database on a successful delete endpoint response.

This is OK, but personally I think it would a huge benefit to consumers of the api if we could implement a headless approach, reducing work load, complexity and security concerns in the time spent building implementations. Perhaps the team could consider invalidating the cache when a change is made to a user’s cards :grinning:

Many thanks for your reply!

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: