Create a Subcategories

Hello,
I want to ask if it’s possible to add subcategory ? I found somethig like this:
https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6875-adding-items-and-categories-to-square-online-store

But in my app I don’t see anything like this.

Hey there. Currently subcategories are unique to the Square Online catalog and are used for organizing items for site display. We’re working to bring this functionality into the platform, extending it to all sellers (and developers!) even if they aren’t Square Online sellers.

Would you mind sharing why you’re interested in subcategories and how you might use them? Happy to set up a call to discuss.

Hi! Really stoked on the new subcategories features in the dashboard. I have a convenience store that works with a zillion vendors. I’ve broken down my items into pretty small categories which help me to see, for example how much orchard fruit we sell. I could of course have just “apple” and “pear” as items, but since we might have 4 different apple farms that were working with and 15 different varietals, categories work better than variations. Anyway, it would be helpful if I could use the category reporting to “drill down” on my sales. Right now there is only one reporting category, but I would like the sales to be attributed to every category that the subcategory is under. Currently it works similarly that I can expand a category and see the items. But for example I’d like to see super high level sales in Grocery, alcohol, and home. Then I might like to see if alcohol was wine or beer sales. Then red wine or white wine. You get the idea. This is relatively easy to work around by extracting the data, but I’d prefer to have it all in square.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: