Cost of Goods Sold

Hello. Just curious if you were successful in exposing the vendor list and any updates on the timeline for the vendor code?

:wave: Yes, Vendors are now available with the Vendors API.:slightly_smiling_face:

Great, thanks. Any idea when the vendor code will be made available?

Currently, we donā€™t have a public roadmap for the vendor code. Weā€™re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so Iā€™ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m also really interested in being able to query and set the cost per unit. my record shop has over two thousand new vinyl records in inventory that I need to match up with cost values from my vendor(s) and I would like to do that via the API so that these values are up to date and accurate. I donā€™t want to leave it up to catalog CSV imports and manual work. So hoping you have this in the works! cheers!

If unitCost can be exposed in orders API response along with lineItem and return lineItem then it would be really helpful to tell total cost of good sold and also to provide category wise breakdown of goods sold. It will enable us to generate the report in the format we want to.

1 Like

Weā€™re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so Iā€™ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

@rrrecords
do ou still have vinyk record collection ?

sure do - itā€™s all here - Home - Russell Red Records - new and quality used vinyl records

Trying to follow the thread here.

Is a unit cost api available?

Needing to pull that information for margin trends. If not, very interested in work arounds that others have found.

Thanks!

At this time unit cost isnā€™t available with the API. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Bryan-Square! In the interim, any other suggestion as to pulling that data, even in a workaround fashion?

The only other way to pull that data in would be if the seller set the cost of goods in a field thatā€™s returned by the API. For example if they set the cost as a custom attribute. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square we are trying to sync our items with our accounting and CRM products but the Unit Cost is missing in the Catalog API. Is there a way to get it today? Or is there any Early Access program or Beta to get it somehow?

At this time itā€™s not available in the API response with the Catalog API. Weā€™re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so Iā€™ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square Vendor ID and Unit Cost would be extremely valuable in reconciling reports and keeping inventory updated.

Adding another vote to be able to set unit cost via API so that I can manage our catalog via API instead of uploading CSVs/manually adding one by one. I have a catalog of 500+ unique items

+1 for this feature please ASAP

Two years laterā€¦can we please get vendor and associated information with Catalog item? Thank you!

Very much in need of a way to read and modify item variation unit cost through the Square APIā€¦ I am trying to build a WooCommerce plugin which can sync GTIN and Unit Cost information between WooCommerce and Square. This is essential for my clientā€™s profit reporting process.