Hello, I’m not sure if this is the proper location to report a bug that I have identified if not please let me know what the proper channel is. Thanks
I am using the Catalog API to create a product set and then add that product set into a pricing rule. Ideally I would like to use variation IDs for this so that a pricing rule can target a specific product variation. For example if there is a shirt with four sizes, it would be good to be able to target one particular size with a pricing rule as opposed to all sizes.
So I created a product set with a variation ID, and then added it into a pricing rule with a corresponding customer group and discount. All of the catalog objects were created successfully, however when testing a transaction in the Square Retail App using the relevant objects the app crashes.
The specific steps to trigger the crash:
- Create customer group via API
- Add a customer into the group via API
- Create discount via API
- Create product set via API with a Variation ID in the product_ids_all field
- Create pricing rule via API that includes the above customer group, discount, and product set
- In Square Retail App add customer that is in above group to sale
- Add any product to sale
- At this point the app crashes
There was no crash when I repeated the above steps but used a Product ID at step 4 instead of a Variation ID.
I assume a potential fix is to either block use of variation IDs for product sets, or to update this logic to support variation specific pricing rules.
Thanks for reviewing