"Approved" status for CreateTerminalCheckout?

I am implementing a POS solution where the server takes the card to the POS charges the card and brings back the receipt to the customer, customer writes the tip amount and signs the receipt. The server then later enters the tip amount written on the receipt.

Based on my understanding of the Payment API, a tip amount can be later added through UpdatePayment, however UpdatePayment method requires an APPROVED status and will fail for COMPLETED. However based on the API reference for CreateTerminalCheckout the Status for TerminalCheckout . Options: PENDING , IN_PROGRESS , CANCEL_REQUESTED , CANCELED , COMPLETED.

In the response for CreateTerminalCheckout, I see Autocomplete set to true, but it doesnt seem that I could set that up to false in the request to get an APPROVED status instead of COMPLETED

Oddly, the functionality I described in the first paragraph (where tips are entered later using included amount on signed paper receipts), is supported when taking payments directly on the terminal.

Thanks!

:wave: Sorry for the delay. Currently the ability to update a payment taken with the Terminal API to add a tip isn’t currently available. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face: