Application using Reader SDK crashes when trying to use with Square Stand

Hi, I’m developing a React Native application that uses the Square Reader SDK, and I’m trying to get it running on an iPad connected to a Square Stand (purchased a few months ago, so it should be the latest version).

The application works fine and can successfully take payments when I use a separate square reader connected via bluetooth. However, when I try to use it with the reader built into the stand, the application crashes as soon as the reader SDK payment flow starts.

Note that I’ve already updated my plist file to use the values here: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/reader-sdk/cookbook/square-stand

and I’m currently using v1.5.4 of the iOS reader SDK and v1.4.0 of the react native plugin.

Is there anything else I should change in my configuration to get this working? Or any ideas what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

:wave: Did you include: com.squareup.protocol.stand (PPID# 127167-0003, 127167-0006, 127167-0005, 127167-0004 and 112944-0189)
:slightly_smiling_face:

Right now my .plist file has:

<key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key>
	<array>
		<string>com.squareup.s020</string>
		<string>com.squareup.s025</string>
		<string>com.squareup.s089</string>
		<string>com.squareup.protocol.stand</string>
	</array>

From your question, I’m not sure if you’re saying I should include everything in parentheses too - like should I add a line at the end, so it looks like this?

<key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key>
	<array>
		<string>com.squareup.s020</string>
		<string>com.squareup.s025</string>
		<string>com.squareup.s089</string>
		<string>com.squareup.protocol.stand</string>
		<string>com.squareup.protocol.stand (PPID# 127167-0003, 127167-0006, 127167-0005, 127167-0004 and 112944-0189)</string>
	</array>

Or are you just clarifying that I have com.squareup.protocol.stand in the list? (in which case the answer is yep, it’s there!)

Sorry for the delay. If you have it configured then Reader SDK should work with the new Square Stand. What version of the SDK are you using? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using version 1.5.4.

At some point I tried updating to 1.6.0 but then my mobile authorization codes stopped working, so I reverted back to 1.5.4, but I can try again if that might work better with the square stand?

Currently only 1.6.0 supports the new Square Stand. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah okay!

I just tried to upgrade to version 1.6.0 but I kept getting this error:

error: Missing path (<path_to_app>/ios/SquareReaderSDK.xcframework/ios-x86_64-simulator/dSYMs) from XCFramework 'SquareReaderSDK.xcframework' as defined by 'DebugSymbolsPath' in its `Info.plist` file

However 1.6.1 seemed to work, so I’ll try it on my device and see if I can get the full payment flow working with the square stand. Thanks!

Hi @Bryan-Square , I just tried with version 1.6.1 of the SDK on a physical device in the Square Stand, and I’m still seeing the same behavior where the app crashes as soon as I try to start the payment flow. Any other ideas?

Are there any error messages or crash logs? :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square I was able to access the crash report as a .ips file - what is the best way to share it with you?

You can message them to me or if your on BuildwithSquare Slack you can DM me the info. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great, I just sent it to you via DM in the Slack group!