API access to _before_ the Order

Hey folks, I have a dessert shop where we have a separate cashier and a fulfillment staff. When the cashier takes an order, the fulfillment folks can look at Transactions in the POS app to see the latest order (sort of like a ticketing system, without all the physical tickets). That’s how they know what to make. I’m trying to see if I can make a simple app to see the order BEFORE it’s paid for. For example, family of 5 comes in, I’d like our fulfillment guys to see what orders 1-4 are so they can start making it while #5 is still deciding, and before they pay - otherwise it’s a long delay. Is this possible with API? (I tried, and Orders seems to only take once there is a transaction). If not, anyone with ideas on how to do a ticketing system before the order is finalized? Totally new to the food business, so tell me if that’s just crazy and everyone waits for the final order before making it… Thanks!!

:wave: Currently, only paid orders will appear on the POS. Unpaid orders aren’t yet available to be pushed to the POS with our APIs. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like