ACH Sandbox bank-nonce endpoint

somewhere in the flow of tokenizing an ACH payment in the sandbox environment, the bank-nonce endpoint is always returning an error and unable to successfully tokenize. i first noticed it on my local build, but it’s also happening on the Square docs example page here. is this a known issue that is being worked on or has something changed? thanks

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "category": "API_ERROR",
            "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
            "detail": "An internal error has occurred, and the API was unable to service your request."
        }
    ]
}

What are the steps to reproduce the error. I just tested our example in sandbox and it worked as expected. :slightly_smiling_face:

in the tokenization flow, there is a POST request to https://pci-connect.squareupsandbox.com/v2/bank-nonce that fails

when following the example on that page:
`ach.addEventListener(‘ontokenization’, (event) => {
const { tokenResult, error } = event.detail;
if (error) {
// developer handles error
} else if (tokenResult.status === ‘OK’) {
const token = tokenResult.token;
// developer passes token to backend for use with CreatePayment
}
});

ach.tokenize({
accountHolderName: ‘John Doe’,
});`

the conditional to check for an error always runs

Peek 2023-02-01 15-26

or

add

if (error) {
statusContainer.innerHTML = 'ERROR'
}

to line 52 of the example code on the page and go through the flow.

Peek 2023-02-01 15-26

I was able to replicate this and am escalating to the team. We shouldn’t be returning a 5xx. We should be instead returning a 4xx since that values being entered aren’t valid test values. The Sandbox supports ACH bank transfer payments by accepting the test user name user_good and the test password pass_good . :slightly_smiling_face: