2 apps: list Catalog returns the same results for both

I have 2 apps: list Catalog returns the same results for both.
Same for list Customers. Both have different Access Tokens and credentials.

1 Like

Right, you can have multiple applications in the Developer Dashboard and the access toke for the apps will return the same data cause they’re the access token for the Square account. Are you looking to connect you application to other Square merchant accounts? If so you’ll then need to use OAuth to generate the access tokens to make API calls on their behalf. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I used oauth to get 2 access tokens.
Both tokens produce the same results.

Did you OAuth yourself? Or did you OAuth to a completely different Square account? If you OAuth’d your own account then it would return the same data since the token was generated for the same Square account. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are two websites, each oauth’d separately. When I login to my developer account there are two applications, each with their own oauth’s and credentials.
Do I need two developer accounts to have two websites?

Okay, are they two different sites using the same Square account? If so the Catalog API is scoped to the entire Square account which explains why it’s returning the same catalog objects. :slightly_smiling_face:

How do I unscope them?

Actually, they both have the same scope
$scope = “CUSTOMERS_READ+CUSTOMERS_WRITE+”;
$scope .= “ORDERS_READ+ORDERS_WRITE+”;
$scope .= “PAYMENTS_READ+PAYMENTS_WRITE+”;
$scope .- “INVOICES_READ+INVOICES_WRITE+”;
$scope .= “SUBSCRIPTIONS_READ+SUBSCRIPTIONS_WRITE+”;
$scope .= “DISPUTES_READ”;

That isn’t possible since the API itself is build to the scope of the entire merchant account. If you want catalog objects for a specific location you can use SearchCatalogItems and query on enabled_location_ids. That way you’ll get the items for that specific location. :slightly_smiling_face:

They have different Access Tokens, Application ID, and Secrets

Oh, OK. I’ll do that.
Thanks

If i do List Customers for each account I get the same customer list.
Other than Access Token in the API, there is no option to specify which customer account I want the list for.

Customers are global as well. When you create a customer you don’t specify a location_id which is why the API will return the same information for both applications. Also if you building multiple sites for one Square account you can do what you’ve done and have an app for each site our you can use one app for each site given the permission scopes with a Square account. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am thoroughly confused. I thought as a developer I could write code that would let my customer’s current websites connect to a square account for payment processing, catalog and inventory management. That way, I could move payment processing from PayPal to you. But from what I see at this time coding that isn’t possible. Is that right?

You can with our APIs. Where is the confusion? I it the scope of what access tokens return with our APIs? Happy to help clarify. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am locked out of developer.squareup.com now. I can’t login any more. I can access 2 of my apps, not all 4 and API Explorer requires a login. When I try to login with my developer creds I can access the apps but cannot create a new one. What can I do from here?

What do you mean by being locked out? Are you able to reset the password? Are you logging in with employee credentials or owner credentials? :slightly_smiling_face:

The same login I setup the developer account with. I think somewhere my developer credentials were lost in the oauth process.

I tried resetting the password but it turned out to be one of my apps password.

What do you mean your developer credentials getting lost in the OAuth process? With OAuth all you do is log into the account and we return a code on the redirect after you authorize the permissions. :slightly_smiling_face: