- Square Version:
- Deprecation: Transactions API and Reporting API
- The Transactions API is fully deprecated in favor of the new Payments API and Refunds API functionality.
- The Reporting API is fully deprecated in favor of the new Orders API functionality.
- GA release: Payments API
- New endpoints: CreatePayment, GetPayment, ListPayments, CompletePayment, CancelPaymentByIdempotencyKey, and CancelPayment
- New datatypes: Payment, ProcessingFee, CardPaymentDetails, BalancePaymentDetails
- GA release: Refunds API
- New endpoints: RefundPayment, GetPaymentRefund, and ListPaymentRefunds.
- New datatypes: PaymentRefund
- GA release: Orders API
- Pickup Fulfillments moves from BETA to GA.
- SearchOrders endpoint moves from BETA to GA.
- ServiceCharges moves from BETA to GA.
- Increased functionality: Order objects can be paid with payments made with the Payments API.
- BETA release: Orders API
- New endpoint: Orders.UpdateOrder — use the UpdateOrder endpoint to update existing orders.
- New functionality: Use the PayOrder endpoint to pay orders with multiple payments or pay zero total orders.
- New functionality: Create Shipment type fulfillments.
- BETA release: Square Sandbox v2 — all v2 Square APIs except Labor API and Employees API are supported in the sandbox beta.
- BETA release: Square Gift Card support in Payments API, Orders API.
- Changed functionality: Monetary amounts in v2 Square APIs can now be negative. Previously, amounts could only be positive. Existing
Moneyfields will stay positive-only and new fields that can hold negative values will explicitly document the meaning of a negative or positive amount in the documentation.
Known Orders API Beta Feature Issues
- If the
tenderfield for an order is updated through the Seller dashboard, the order will not be updated and will continue to show the original customer information.
customer_idon a tender in an order may not match the customer shown in the Dashboard.
- Tenders returned with Orders may not have the most up-to-date
processing_fee_moneyinformation. The most up-to-date data can be found by searching for the related tender ID through the Payments API.