Unable to test payment for Catalog item in new Checkout API sandbox

When I run my script to create a new checkout using the new Checkout API sandbox ‘Create Payment Link endpoint’, the test panel workflow does not progress to test the payment when I reference a Catalog item in my line items.

The ‘Next’ button does nothing.

Please help.

:wave: I was able to replicate this and the team is looking into this. I’ll be sure to post any updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bryan-Square I was finding it difficult to test the API without being able to generate an actual checkout using the Sandbox (is there a way to change this?) so I started using production to generate checkouts and noticed that setting the google pay to false does not work.

Please can this also be looked into.

Thank you

What’s the payment_link_id for the checkout you’re seeing this with? :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is an example:

That checkout link is a production checkout link. It will only take valid cards. If you want to test checkout links in sandbox you’ll need to create them in the sandbox environment. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

I am only able to review the checkout that is generated using my code in production as sandbox only has a test panel workflow and does not show an actual checkout. Is this something that can be changed? I haven’t been testing payments.

The Google pay issue occurs using this JSON, Google Pay is still an option even though it is set to FALSE

"checkout_options": {
      "allow_tipping": true,
      "ask_for_shipping_address": true,
      "merchant_support_email": "[email protected]",
      "redirect_url": "hello.com",
      "accepted_payment_methods": {
        "apple_pay": true,
        "google_pay": false
      }

Is there any update on the original Catalog bug I mentioned?

Would you like me to raise these issues separately?

Thanks

The team is still looking into the checkout issue with the catalog. At this time sandbox only supports the test panel. You’ll need to test in production if you want to see the full checkout flow. I still haven’t been able to replicate the issue with Google Pay. Do you have the checkout_id that you’re experiencing this with? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I created a new production checkout, the same Google Pay issue is happening. Here is the Id: ```
JNQSBP3F3WN3EQIQ

Thanks for providing the example. I’ve shared it with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Google pay issue should be resolved now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thats great! Just tested it and it’s fixed :slight_smile:

@Bryan-Square sorry to piggyback off the initial checkout issue I raised - i’ve also noticed that the currency symbol when tipping is still $ rather than £ for my account while testing. My account is using GBP.

Is this a bug or something I need to change in the settings?

Thanks

Was this in sandbox or production?

Sandbox whilst I was testing

Thanks, the team is working on a fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:wave: Following up here. The currency is now displaying correctly with payment links. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Bryan-Square,

I just noticed this issue again while I was testing something in the sandbox

order_id: ONyRvRBptB7H7Awsq4Kl6O0rrxKZY
url: Checkout API Sandbox Testing Panel

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’m sharing this with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like