'total_tip_money' filed in Order is omitted in Docs

As you can see in attached response Order has total_tip_money field that omitted in Order object in docs.

I think it should be added.

Order object in docs: https://developer.squareup.com/reference/square/objects/Order

Part of the Order returned by Orders API:
{
“id”: “CUJPiLlVLOXQwRBMG2qESRefEcWZY”,
“location_id”: “CRNKFZKBBDP8C”,
“created_at”: “2020-06-17T10:21:17.703Z”,
“updated_at”: “2020-06-17T10:24:07.693Z”,
“state”: “COMPLETED”,
“version”: 6,
“total_tax_money”: {
“amount”: 608,
“currency”: “USD”
},
“total_discount_money”: {
“amount”: 950,
},
“total_tip_money”: {
“amount”: 0,
},
“total_money”: {
“amount”: 4658,
},
“closed_at”: “2020-06-17T10:24:07.693Z”,
“total_service_charge_money”: {
“amount”: 0,
},
“customer_id”: “CXRA0RTRG0WGFCN0RQGN4JQV7C”
},

Thanks for reporting this! I’ll pass this along to our documentation team.

@sjosey Any Update on total_tip_money

1 Like

This is in their documentation now.
The docs claim it is Read Only, how can I update the tip value without actually submitting order yet?!

Orders do not take a tip amount, the payment takes a tip amount. The order can tell you how much was tipped though.

Hi. this seems related to an issue i am having. I’m attempting to add an order to square when orders are placed through WooCommerce so that my client can more seamlessly admin and report. Everything is working as expected, but the woocommerce “Fees” (which is the tip) is translating over as a line-item on the order rather than into Square’s tip amount field. To fix this, do i need to use the tip_money field in the payment. If i populate this field, will it automatically show up in the order? (this is my first time working with the square api. thank you for your patience!)

Yes, and yes :slight_smile:. If you add tip_money to CreatePayment, it will come over as a tip amount, rather than a line item. And, the order will promptly be updated to include the amount as well (so it should be visible in both the Payment and Order objects). Let me know if you find otherwise, though!

1 Like