Terminal and app_fee

Using the Terminal web API it does not appear that we can add an app_fee to createTerminalCheckout similar to the payment API. Is this correct? if yes, how do we add our developer fee to the terminal checkout process?

Thank you.
newbie…

Hey @jromanowski, welcome to the forums! app_fee_money isn’t currently available for the Terminal API at this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes please add us. Is there a work around to take a fee for terminal?

Joe Romanowski
Technical Sales | Support

C: 617.699.4171
jromanowski@lynxlog.com
lynxlog.com

emailsignature.png

Great! I’ll go ahead and get you added using the business name and email from your signature, but let me know if you’d like to use a different one.

Is there a work around to take a fee for terminal?

No workarounds at this time, sorry.

Hello Josh, I have not heard anything back yet. What is the time frame you are expecting to have the app_fee as part of the Terminal API?

Joe Romanowski
Technical Sales | Support

C: 617.699.4171
jromanowski@lynxlog.com
lynxlog.com Formerly: MooringInfo

emailsignature.png

:wave: Currently, we don’t have a public timeline for the ability to collect app_fee_money with Terminal API. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

Any update on this? I was told I was going to be included in a BETA program for this functionality but have not heard anything back.

Thanks

The ability to collect app_fee_money is available now in the US. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. Is there a guide to help upgrade to the newest api code?

Yes, our documentation has all the details for collecting a fee from payments with Terminal API. :slightly_smiling_face:

The documentation states: The app_fee_money property has a value amount limit.

However the link does not work. What is the app_fee_money limit?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The team is working on a fix but in the meantime here is the link to the limits. :slightly_smiling_face: