Tax charges via terminal api and payment form

Hi All,

I recently implemented TERMINAL API and also the SquarePayform ( Website ) for a client. The client has two Terminal Readers , one of which is paired to a Squarepay device code.

They recently exported their transactions from their Square account for reconciling and noticed that the tax column for transactions taken via the paired Terminal Reader and also via the online SqaurePayment form do not contain a tax amount , it’s always 0.

Although transactions that are taken from the un paired Terminal reader do contain tax amounts.

Is there a way of specifying a Tax amount as part of the Create checkout API and also the Create Payment API .

Regards,
Salvatore

1 Like

For CreateCheckout, there is no way unfortunately as it does not integrate with the Orders API.

For CreatePayment, you would want to use CreateOrder and pass in items/taxes etc and then pass in the order_id to the CreatePayment request so that it has all of these details.

Are there any plans for the CreateCheckout under the Terminal API to provide a link to an order id.

Apologies for the delay here. No ETA on when/if it will come. I’ll update this to be a feature request for Terminal API, though.

Hi ,

Any movement on this ?

This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:wave: We’ve just released :rocket: Terminal API beta features including order itemization on the Terminal, delayed capture to authorize a payment upfront and collect funds later, card on file for recurring purchases, and app fees so you can monetize on payments processed via Terminal API. Learn more . :tada:

Hello, I’m new here. Is there a way to include Tax Charges via Terminal API - TerminalCheckout ? I see my transaction, without the sales tax. Thank you !

Hi ,

I asked for this a couple of years ago as I use square pay terminal API to integrate into a POS solution for a client .

It turns out that you need the item defined within square together with the relevant tax code. We only discovered this when the client went to print out the transaction report and noticed that terminal API transactions initiated from a third party did not show tax information. Maybe it has changed since then .
Sam

Thank you Sam. I ask you, so I need to add an Order or an Item ? Thank you very much.

:wave: @Salvatore and @walloso, now that Terminal API supports orders created with the Orders API you can now have itemized orders with taxes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you guys, it works ! :wink: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: