Subscription for Booking API does not activate

Hello! I am currently trying to use the Booking API for the unboxed hackathon and I am running into some problems. No matter how many times I select a new subscription and pay with the test cards, It never updates on my screen and because of that I cannot onboard my Test account.

I have been choosing the “Select New Subscription” and going through the process and then nothing happens.
Is there another way to onboard the test account? Thank you!

:wave: Are you able to create an appointment even with the warning? :slightly_smiling_face:

No I’m not, I get an error about missing cart attributes and when using the API it tells me that i’m missing the correct Merchant Subscription.

This is the error I get when using the API

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "category": "AUTHENTICATION_ERROR",
      "code": "FORBIDDEN",
      "detail": "Merchant subscription does not support write operations."
    }
  ]
}

Okay, what’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

sandbox-sq0idb-qkpnrRnxz-lkZN-sVeRb2A

Any answers on this? I’m having exactly the same issue. My account is able to perform all sorts of other API operations, including reading appointments and services, and even creating customers. However, I still see the same error message as OP when trying to create a booking using the booking API.

Note: This is in sandbox mode with the default test account. And yes, I have completed the onboarding process per the docs - that doesn’t seem to make a difference in the end result.

EDIT - Adding more info in case it helps:

Error as output by the API Explorer:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "category": "AUTHENTICATION_ERROR",
      "code": "FORBIDDEN",
      "detail": "Merchant subscription does not support write operations."
    }
  ]
}

Error as output by my terminal:

My App ID is: sandbox-sq0idb-RaEH3suKRMwTa8XCF2xipg

I’ve confirmed this app ID was in use in both my application code and in the API explorer when these errors were encountered.

Took a look at the account and it has the free appointments subscription. If you upgrade to the premium appointments it’ll work as expected. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see, so even in the sandbox environment and on a test account the booking API is unavailable? I’m just looking for a way make sure my application is working with the API correctly before I connect it to a paid account.

Is there no other temporary solution outside of upgrading?

Thanks for your help.

You can upgrade the subscription in sandbox to test with. All you need to do is to sign up for the premium tier. You won’t be charged in sandbox. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like