Requested shipping address not included in payment object

Hey,

Env is square sandbox. I:

1. Created an invoice via the api
  2. Checked Request shipping address for that invoice in the dashboard
  3. Paid it and filled shipping address in invoice payment page

Both the payment.created and payment.updated webhooks and the payment object retrieved via the api are missing the filled shipping address, which should be received in shipping_address according to the api docs.

That’s a bug. Can anyone in square help resolve this?

In the meantime, does anyone know from where else can I retrieve it, if at all?

Thanks,
Ronen Babayoff
Eazyapps

:wave: Currently with our Invoices API the ability to collect the shipping address isn’t available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @Bryan-Square, thanks for your answer.

To me, this is a bug, not a feature request. Your api docs state that shipping_address will hold the filled shipping address. Also, the dashboard allows checking this box, even if the invoice was created via the api. And, the payment page collects that. So, in short, square collects the shipping address but doesn’t store it. Why treat this as a feature request?

Also, something that is a feature request - I cannot set request shipping address via the api.

Finally, and most importantly, is there anywhere else where the filled shipping address is stored? The customer object?

Thanks,
Ronen

That’s for payments that are completed with the Payments API. I can definitely see how that’s confusing. I’ll be sure to let the team know. With the Invoices API it’s processed through the invoice and at this time the shipping address isn’t currently available.

Hey @Bryan-Square, yes, very confusing.

And repeating my question for the 3rd time - is there anywhere else where the shipping address filled in the payment page may be stored?