Reporting API for Sales Summary

New to Square development and am looking for an API to allow me to pull summarised sales figures based on a set of filter parameters (e.g. net sales for a specific day, for a specific item, location etc.). Wanting to tie this into some custom displays to show this live. Basically similar data that the Sellers Dashboard Reporting section uses.

Couldn’t find any other discussions on this recently so wondering if this on the roadmap at all?

2 Likes

At this time there isn’t a Reporting API that would pull all the data in with one API call. You’ll have to use the Orders, Payments, and Catalog APIs to get this data with our existing API offering. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

We are trying to get the sold items from walk ins sales. We don’t see them in the Orders API. Is there a way to get them? We need to total sold items per day but the only way is to pull the whole orders and get the sold items from there, but walk ins sales are missing there. The only place we see them is in the Items Reports as part of ‘Register’. Is there any way to get those details with any API?

How were these walk-in orders taken? Are they itemized orders? If so all that information is available with the Orders API. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bump, a reporting API would be very handy.

1 Like

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

how do i do that? Say i wanted to find out how many “dine in” cups of coffee were sold within specific time parameters?

If a dine in cup of coffee is it’s own item you can query for all the orders for a given timeframe and parse the results for items with dine in catalog_object_id. :slightly_smiling_face: