Readers Integrations for independent apps

Hello, I would like to know where could I start to use your “SQUARE READER FOR MAGSTRIPE” component.

My idea is to use your reader to read cards and process a payment in Colombia.

How can I use them to doing in android?
is there any API, package or library that I can integrate to my project and read cards?

At this time, Square for processing payments is only available to customers within the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, France, and Japan. We’re constantly working to improve our services based off of the feedback we receive from customers, so thanks for taking the time to express your interest in this feature. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Bryan, what shame to hear that…

let me explain my porpose, I have a “SQUARE READER FOR MAGSTRIPE” for android, and I wanted to build an app using your component as a helper for my app, allowing clients use their cards.

is not there any way I can have an interface to read credit/debit cards with this components in Colombia?

Unfortunately, the ability to accept payments in Colombia isn’t currently possible with Square. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

yes because I would like to use your hardware (readers), but in my own application with my own UI/UX