PHP Create order and Sale notification

I got the payment Id to work thanks to your sample above.
let me know if you need payment output to trouble troubleshoot why the payment is not connected to customer :slight_smile:

Good morning =)
Just following up to see if thereā€™s any updates?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Have not heard from the customerā€™s team yet unfortunately, although today is a holiday and a lot of Square folks are offline for today. Iā€™ll follow up as soon as I have more info, apologies for the delay.

1 Like

good afternoon =)
Is there a way I can call them? This is putting a hold on the website and sales & itā€™s been 10 days :confused:
Thank you so much in advance

Hi @Andrea apologies for the delay here, the team has been digging into this since last week. I just heard back from them, and the above payment it sounds like they were able to resolve the issue. Can you take a look on your side and ensure it now looks correct, and let us know if it happens again?

1 Like

Hi,

No. Issue is still not resolved. It does not connect/link contact to the transaction.
I tried a new transaction. Transaction ID/Payment ID:
famI2P3QNFnSx79Wl8t8DLVgOIaZY
9sneDOskZP8xN0UvfBlXHT2mgKNZY

Customer ID:
Q7VNT61AECT2HB8R3BZ9PX3E6G

I know for a fact the customer ID is produced successfully before processing the payment.
Anyway, hereā€™s the code to submit payment:

$idempotency_key = uniqid();
$body = new \Square\Models\CreatePaymentRequest(
$nonce,
$idempotency_key,
$amount_money
);
$body->setAutocomplete(true);
$body->setOrderId($square_order_id);
$body->setCustomerId($square_customer_id);
$body->setLocationId($location_id);

$body->setShippingAddress($shipping_address);
$api_response = $client->getPaymentsApi()->createPayment($body);

I even weeks ago tried adding code and it still doesnā€™t do the trick: ā€œ$body->setReferenceId($square_customer_id);ā€

I have the entire output of creating payment let me know if you need it. Thanks in advance.

PS: in the payment output, I do see it has been added:
[referenceId:Square\Models\Payment:private] => [customerId:Square\Models\Payment:private] => Q7VNT61AECT2HB8R3BZ9PX3E6G

Thanks for sharing. So after discussing in detail with the Customers team, it seems thereā€™s some inconsistent behavior here, but weā€™re still investigating and it sounds like full details (possibly a fix) wonā€™t be available any time soon.

With that said, as a workaround, it seems if you set the customer_id in the Order object as well as the Payment object, the payment will correctly be associated to the right customer. Let me know if that doesnā€™t work for you either.

1 Like

Youā€™re awesome. Absolutely amazing. I truly, truly appreciate your help with everything !!!

1 Like