Order Ready SMS Texts

We use Orders API to create for orders and have them show up in Square’s platform like Square KDS. That works as expected, but is there any way to integrate orders to work with Square’s Order-Ready Texts feature? Referring to this: Send Order-Ready Texts with Square for Restaurants | Square Support Center - US

I tried passing the phone number into fulfillments > pickup details > phone number but that doesn’t seem to work. Is there something I’m missing?

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

https://developer.squareup.com/docs/app-marketplace/requirements/orders-api

Additional Documentation

Orders API Overview
Orders API: How It Works
Order Fulfillments

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

The Order-Ready Texts feature is currently only available for orders placed through Square Online. Orders created through the Orders API, even with phone numbers included in the pickup details, will not trigger the Order-Ready Texts feature. As of now, there’s no direct way to integrate this feature with orders created via the Orders API.

This answer was reviewed by @Bryan-Square.