No subscription.updated when new invoice is created for subscription

Hello,
We have noticed that subscription.updated event is not triggered when a new invoice is created for that.
When a new invoice is created it will be added on invoice_ids list on subscription data, however, it is not triggering subscription.updated event in this case.
I believe as we are adding a new information on subscription it should trigger subscription.updated event.
Another issue is that subscription version is not incremented, so I receive a subscription.created with no invoice_ids with version 1 and if I retrieve the same subscription (after the invoice creation), it returns the newly created invoice on the invoice_ids however version remains 1. (even though we had an update on the subscription)

Could you please trigger a subscription.updated event whenever a new invoice is created for that?
Best Regards

At this time this is the expected behavior. The subscription.updated event won’t trigger when an invoice is paid. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your answer Bryan!
Yeah, I believe everything that alters anything on subscription data should trigger an subscription.updated event and version increment, right?

Looking forward to see this implemented.

I don’t expect for this to change anytime soon but I’m definitely going to pass this to the team. :slightly_smiling_face: