Is there any way to change the payment amount of a delayed capture at time of completion?

As the title says I am trying to see if there is any way to change the payment amount of a delayed capture when completing the payment via /v2/payments/{payment_id}/complete. If not, maybe there is some other way to do what I am trying to do. Basically I need to be able to authorize x amount of $ and hold it until the “job” is completed (usually just a few hours or a day or two) then the funds are fully captured, but upon completion the job amount could be a little bit more or less than the original amount based on how long exactly the “job” took. So I want to be able to authorize the estimated amount, and then upon completion complete the charge with the final amount and either release the leftover amount we authorized or change the amount to more if it went over the estimated amount. Being able to change the final amount would solve both of those things. I was looking at maybe doing it with Orders, but it does not look like I can authorize and delay capture with those or am I mistaken? Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much!

Hi @socialanxty welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately this is not currently possible, but I will DM you for more information.

1 Like