How to retrieve line item meta data

I’m using the api to build up an order with line items and then create a checkout url. The line items have meta data which we need later to sync up our other systems. When I query the Order via the api, I’m not seeing the line item metadata returned. How can I get the line item meta data for a particular order?

It’s possible this might be an issue with make.com. When I make the request via the api explorer the metadata shows. But when I make the request via the Square Api call module, or the Square Get Orders module, the same order does not return the metadata. I’ll respond here if I hear anything from make.com about this.

What happen if you try it with Postman? :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like postman works, along with using a basic HTTP request module in make.com. So my guess is that make.com needs to update their data structure in order for the metadata to show properly. I have a ticket in with them and will report back here with any updates.

It looks like this is a current limitation from make.com since they use an older version of the API:

Our app uses the “Square-Version”: “2020-08-26” and in this version (upon checking Square documentation) , it seems like “Meta data” filed is not the design to output in this version.
I will say its a feature request and untill this new version implemented in inbuilt modules, i would say to use “HTTP” module meanwhile.

So for now I’ll just be using the HTTP module.

If make.com allows you to add the Square-Version to the header of the request you can override the version set in the API. :slightly_smiling_face:

I actually tried this on the Get Orders module, but it didn’t seem to work. My guess is that they are internally overriding it before they send out the request.

Oh, that’s interesting and frustrating at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face: