Faster Checkout API for Return Customers?

Hi Square Team,

I see a feature on Square online store which can help return customer to auto fill their order details(name, email, card info, etc) by sending text code to the phone number on record.

I wonder if I can use this feature on my own online store? Is there any public API/SDK I can use to invoke this feature?

If not, is there any recommend way to accelerate the checkout process for return customers?

Hi @bubblenation welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately that feature is not currently available in our APIs. However, you can definitely save a card on file, and allow the customer to pay with that in the future instead. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, I’m happy to help!

Thanks @sjosey for the fast reply!

The ‘save a card on customer profile’ is exactly what I looking for, and I found this doc Process flow for cards on file which explained how to charge the card on file. By saving the customer_id and customer_card_id, I can achieve charging return customers without asking them to submit SqPaymentForm over and over again…

Is there any limitation on the amount of customer profiles? Can I save as many customers as I want through the API?

Thanks

As far as I know, we do not have a limitation around this; feel free to create as many customers as you like. :slight_smile: