DINE IN option for restaurant

I am making online ordering system for restaurants and I want to give users option to dine in restaurant, but square orders api only supports two fulfillment types: PICKUP and SHIPMENT. How can I send order to let restaurant know that the order is for dine in and not pick up.

2 Likes

@irakli2692 hello and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately those options are currently not possible, but I’ll be sure to tag this as a feature request and let our Orders team know. Thanks for the feedback and please let us know if you have further questions!

I would really like to second that. We have a use case for which we would be very keen to have this feature available.

Any update on this feature?

It’s been a year. Is this feature still being considered? Dine-in support is important. Also, it would be great to be able to create the dine-in order and have it show up in the POS without requiring payment. In a restaurant dine-in setting, customers request their checks and pay after they order and have their meals.

Just chiming in to add my support for this functionality! At the moment we pass in dine in vs. pick up in the order note, but direct feedback from our users is that this isn’t ideal since staff may get confused when they fulfill the order.

Just checking in - any update on this? It’s super critical for our restaurant users.

Orders is the middle of re-architecting fulfillments, which will carry on into 2022. We won’t be exposing any new fulfillment types until this project is complete.

just checking in on this one…

any news?

this option was available in the old API, wasn’t it?

I would love to see support for this as well. Any updates?

:wave: At this time there aren’t any further updates on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I am a product manager on the Orders team. I would like to discover more about how you would use a Dine In option.
How would you use this as opposed to other fulfillment types?
What detail fields would you expect to provide when creating a Dine In order?

thanks,
Mark

Hello,
I’m a Product Manager at Square working on the Orders team. I’m interested in learning more about how you would like to use DINE IN option on the Orders API. can you give me more context?

thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark

Thank you for following up on this: it’s highly appreciated!

Check this thread, for earlier feedback:

Thanks! this seems to be conflating 2 concepts: Dining Options and Dine In fulfillments. am I misreading that?

thanks,
Mark

yes
I was referring to Dining Options

this was my feedback/use case then:

We use Order and Payments API data to build Sales reports/KPI across Stores.

Knowing how our numbers are performing is paramount, hereunder also how the Eat in/Take Out sales are distributed over a given period wether is time of day, day of week or month-over-month.

Since the Pandemic it has become even more important since we are “battling” new habits from our customers that has gotten used to the take out option.

Making new initiatives based on data beats making them on gut feeling:)

1 Like

Hi Square team, just wanted to check in on this again. It still comes up frequently for our restaurant users. We pass orders to Square POS via Orders API and PICKUP is still the only relevant fulfillment option that we can provide to our users.

Any updates on this issue

Hey all, no updates at this time.