Delay action COMPLETE in terminal checkout not working with java sdk

Dear team,

I noticed when i set “COMPLETE” as delay action in the request of initializing terminal checkout with java sdk (latest version so far: 38.0.0.20240222), the created payment is still with delay action as “CANCEL”, is there anything i missed or mistook?

my code is as below:

PaymentOptions paymentOptions = new PaymentOptions.Builder()
                .autocomplete(false)
                .delayDuration("PT36H") // 36 hours at most for terminal checkout
                .delayAction("COMPLETE") // complete the payment
                .build();

the created payment is as below (sandbox env),

Thanks and Best Regards,
Alfred Luan

Is this in sandbox or production? :slightly_smiling_face:

What version is the Terminal on? :slightly_smiling_face:

hi Bryan,

the testing is done in sandbox env with the sandbox terminal API (without terminal hardware), i didn’t try it in production env (a bit dangerous in our business)

hi Bryan,

some more info,
we happened to get a card payment (still created through terminal checkout) in production env with delay duration and delay action set as below,

PaymentOptions paymentOptions = new PaymentOptions.Builder()
                .autocomplete(false)
                .delayDuration("PT36H") // 36 hours at most for terminal checkout
                .delayAction("COMPLETE") // complete the payment
                .build();

the created payment data in square is as below, delay action is set as “COMPLETE” as expected,
the delay duration is “PT36H0M” (a little different from “PT36H” when created with default delay duration, i think the extra “…0M” doesn’t matter though)

Thanks for sharing your findings. I’m sharing this with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

so what made the difference?

I’ve been able to replicate this and reached out to the team about this and they’re working on a fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see, thanks for confirm

it’s the environment,
setting delay_action ‘COMPLETE’ works in production env, but not in sandbox env so far