Customer auto create new after checkout url in spite of i has sent the customer_id to the order

:frowning: 'm using square checkout to create a payment screen

$checkout = new \SquareConnect\Model\CreateCheckoutRequest();   
$checkoutUrl = $result->getCheckout()->getCheckoutPageUrl();

I successfully get the lineitems and taxes, names and prices etc. We pass along the users email address and name to this endpoint which appear on the checkout screen successfully.

In my app users can create accounts which also create square customers, we store the customer ID in our data base.

When I make a payment I am redirected to a page on my website:

$checkout->setRedirectUrl("https://www.example.net/order-complete");

I receive the get variables successfully.

The transaction creates a NEW Customer duplicate in the square POS back end instead of tying the transaction to the email address we provided.

This creates a new user ID which means we can’t link the items a user orders together because each order creates a new user.

Why is this? How do I tie an order to a user???

Thank you, this is driving me mad that you cannot get the checkout to tie the order to a customer. I have searched websites and documentation but can find nothing except instant profiles, which have been disabled.
Please help me :frowning:

This is using the deprecated Checkout API. We recommend using the new Checkout API payment links.. The deprecated Checkout API will create a new customer contact for every payment. :slightly_smiling_face: