Custom app payment

Hi, I want to create an app that you have to pay first before you use its features. This app is written using Xojo IDE. Is there a way to allow the customer to enter their credit card and then make payment? I see that there is an sdk for node and react native but Xojo is not part of the sdk not sure what to do. Also if this is not possible can i somehow allow the customer to pay using the Square app in an ipad with the reader and then can i get some kind of code that i can enter in my app and somehow validate it so that the user can use my app in person?

Yes, it is possible to integrate Square payment processing into your Xojo app. While Square does not have a specific SDK for Xojo, you can use our APIs to create a custom integration. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for ur response. Is there a link to see those apis. I have been reading the docs and most of them talk about flutter, react native, java, python, js sdks. I was wondering if there is a page for with api endpoints that i can use with my custome app in xojo. Thanks again.

Is this an application that the customer is going to have on a mobile device or is this a web app? :slightly_smiling_face:

I am building a desktop app (kiosk) for macos and windows. No web, no mobile. Thats is the reason i was asking because to use the payment api i only see the web amd mobile sdk. Since my app is none of those my other idea was to use the terminal api so all transaction process happens at the terminal but i read about webhooks for event notifications but i wasnt sure if square will work with Xojo desktop apps.

If that’s the case you can use the Web Payments SDK as long as the device is connected to the internet. Your application would need to bring up the payment form in a browser. Or if you do Terminal API there are ways to do it without webhooks and just use our APIs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Bryan. I will then continue with the Terminal API. I just need to read more about events with no webhooks if that is possible.

One more question @Bryan-Square can i also use the terminal api with a pos stand? I basically have the stand and the reader (need to add an ipad to install the square app) and I was wondering if the terminal api can also connect and send commands to request payment to my pos stand like it does for the terminal hardware.

Also since i am creating a desktop application how would I go about to receive feedback from the terminal api to update me when the device is paired or the status of a checkout since i can’t use webhooks, any idea?

TIA

At this time the Terminal API is only available with the Terminal. If you want to use the Stand with a custom app you’ll use Reader SDK. :slightly_smiling_face:

And for the second question, if i have no way to implement webhooks in my desktop app. What is the best way for a desktop application to receive updates from the terminal api?

Thank you for your patience and support Bryan.

You’ll want need to poll our APIs for the updates on the checkout. If you call GetTerminalCheckout. When you get a response that is either COMPLETED or CANCELED your application will be able to handle appropriately. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you once again for all of your help!