Booking API Service Variation and Version Returning Long (Regular) Service Names

When creating appointment through Square, the Service Names appear as normal, but when booking through API, the Services end up with the suffix “(Regular)”, which I understand to be the default variation when there are no variations for a Service or Item. Is there a way to correct this in order for Reporting to not present duplicate Services, and also for the UI to not be clogged with all the "(Regular)"s? Let me know!!

:wave: What is the App Id and location_id that you are seeing this on?

Hi Bryan, the App ID is: sq0idp-cgFuNXKm4yDDHFwqcjft4g
The location ID is: 2EK7WZNHQ4MP2

Just a bump. This still hasn’t been resolved.

Ready to launch my app, but this is still an outstanding issue. Any help?

Checking with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, the extended (Regular) service names showing up on all customer notifications and confirmations is making me cringe.

That’s totally understandable. The team is looking to make this better. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just some additional details, I’m also seeing this when pushing version updates to appointment segments through the Update Bookings endpoint.

Any updates to speak of here? About to switch over our booking process to use the Bookings API and would like to avoid all services being suffixed with “(Regular)”. Also, I did notice that all the services are showing as Uncategorized as well… So updating the Variation Version through API somehow removes the connection with the Category that the Parent Item is in. Any help?

Currently we don’t have any further updates at this time. The team is aware of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know if there are any developments on this, I’ve been using it for about 6 months, and creating any appointments through the API is still breaking any category reporting functionality, as it shows as Uncategorized.

I believe this has been resolved by Square making all services use a variation by default.