Banking verification screens showing number in pence not GBP

After the UK banks introduced 3D secure payments I noticed that when I convert £3.50 into pence (350) square processes the payment ok but the bank verification screen flashes up £350.

Has anyone else noticed this?

You cant replicate in the sandbox as the 3D secure process is handled by the banks

With the Web Payments SDK and verifyBuyer the popup will display whatever you pass to verifyBuyer. Do you have an example verification_token that this happened with? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Mike, I know this is 2 years later but what was the cause after? we just had the same happen despite past payments gone through correct

Would you mind providing the screenshot and what’s the name of the customers bank? Those screens are the bank owned screens and if they’re displaying the wrong amount we need to escalate to the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for getting back to me on this matter, the customer screen shot did not show which bank, I will have to get the owner to email the customer to find out (I am just the developer they scream at).
I can’t even provide a code to trace it as logs are not kept (for security reasons).
The screenshot wasn’t much use, just confirmed the price the bank was asking to confirm.
Is there anyway I can get the owner/seller to PM you some value from somewhere maybe?

Nationwide Bank, I can PM the uniuqe ref No’s that went out with the requests if of use to you to help track these down?

Any updates on this ?

We have a customer wishing to make this purchase/booking, please will you update and advise on a plan of action

Do you have the idempotency_key for any of these payments? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, they tried 6 times…
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704034875-7635565444
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704034953-6746355018
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704035102-5613443082
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704035115-3047071016
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704035593-2846685650
HPMR-WEBSITE-1704035908-8808716166

Hi Bryan, Have you had any luck investigating this issue, Still chasing this, sadly I find us having to keep asking

At this time we don’t have an update on this. As this is something that the bank controls we don’t have any timeline for a fix. We’ve reached out to the bank but its up to them to prioritize and fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the update, the customer had offered to pay with another card but we have not prompted them to do so as this would lose our abilty to use this to re-test said bank.
It would be appreciated if you can update us when you hear back from the Nationwide Bank. :slight_smile:

I’m not seeing any of the idempotency_keys that you provided in our logs. Is that the value you passed to Square when creating the payment request? :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, they contain their respective epoch timestamps if you look close

Okay, what’s your application ID?

is it safe to post that here?
please confirm this is safe to so in a public forum first, sat here with appID in clipboard ready

Yes, anything that I ask for is safe to post. :slightly_smiling_face:

sq0idp-Q2V_lsg9g2X6lj6GA81Ljg
Thank you

I only see one attempt to take a payment in the API Logs. Are there no other attempts?

Also how are you passing in the amount when calling verifyBuyer? Are you passing in an integer or a float? :slightly_smiling_face: