Availability field in Catalog not visible in API requests

I am building a custom site for a Square client and trying to filter items based on the availability field shown in the item library. I can see what I think is the field in API response when I use the API explorer, but when I do the exact same query in my application I cannot see the field. Any ideas on why that is the case?

I am using the batchRetrieveCatalogObjects api and looking at the ecom_visibility field

Do you have an online store setup in Square? Also while those fields are in the API response they shouldn’t be relied on since they aren’t documented. :slightly_smiling_face:

They have an online store set up, but are looking for something more custom. Would you have any recommendations on the best way to filter items that they have in their item library but don’t want to show up on the site?

At this time there isn’t a way to programmatically control what items are shown on the Square Online Store with our APIs. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

That would be great! Square has a fantastic API btw. Including something like this would make it even better :slight_smile:

Also, since I am making requests if Square ever comes something that would make it easier for devs to build a headless frontend using their item library as a db I wouldn’t complain :wink:

I’ll definitely share it with the team. :slightly_smiling_face: