I wish they retained the SAVE checkout feature from the old checkout process, and enable to add pictures on the transactions rather than pictures on the customer accounts.
How I wish I can do this process is:
- I have a customer coming in for repair
- From the check out menu, I can add parts that i use then have the button to save it.
- From the Save process I could add the customers name and a picture of the item before it goes for repair and they can add an initial to the picture just to verify the condition.
- When the repair is done and customer comes back to pickup, I will lookup on my SAVED Checkouts and have another option to take a picture of the finished repair and add an initial to verify that the repair was done successfully.
- Then proceed with the normal payment
I’m not sure what old checkout you’re referring to that did this behavior. Could you clarify? As far as I know we never had a save functionality or allowed pictures to be saved on a transaction.
*I am referring to the tickets option on checkout process on the old square app that seems to be missing now on the new update refer to picture one that i attached…
*then on picture two, when I add a part to the checkout process it give me an option to save it
*then on picture three, once I click the SAVE button from picture two it will enable me to create a ticket
*then on picture four, I can add a new customer, the description of the service I am doing and I hope that you can add a camera box
***Those are the functionality that I wish that is still existing or can be added or can be brought back… I am only using the iPhone Square App, I dont like using the desktop version specially when i am onsite
sent a reply to your question
Sounds good, thanks for clarifying. To be clear, though: these forums are mainly around APIs and SDKs, so you may want to reach out to general support with this feedback: Get Support at Square | Square Support Center - US as I’m not sure the right folks will see it here.