Ability to know timestamp when Line Item was added to the Order

We’re at Glimpse are active consumers of SearchOrders endpoint in Orders API. At the moment we’re using CreatedAt property of an Order, but it’s not accurate for large Orders.

It would help us a lot if we can get that information via API.

When you say its not alway accurate for large orders what do you mean by that? Do you have any examples? :slight_smile:

So we’re joining items from tickets to events from the video feed. For instance group of people entered restaurant at 18:15, ordered beer at 18:20, then drinks at 19:00, then pizza at 19:30 and then closed the order at 20:00. Using API we have only two dates: 18:15 and 20:00. But actual actions that we’re interested in happen at 18:20, 19:00 & 19:30.
In this case we won’t be able to accurately join events from video to POS data.

If these are orders that are taken with the POS then you’ll only be able to get the two created_at and updated_at timestamps when the order is paid for at this time. If the order is created and updated with the API you can subscribe to order.updated webhooks to be notified of any change to the order. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Brian!
We’ve used webhooks since integrated and previously they haven’t been regular (I mean only order.updated) to my observations.
Right now body of an event does not allow me to map it to corresponding line item:

"order_updated": {
            "created_at": "2023-09-11T23:26:26.405Z",
            "location_id": "XXX",
            "order_id": "YYY",
            "state": "DRAFT",
            "updated_at": "2023-09-11T23:34:10.601Z",
            "version": 18
        }

Of course I can implement basic heuristics to map all stored web hook events to each line of an order. Or query your API each time we receive web hook. But it will increase load to your API 1000x times as right now we’re doing it on a daily basis.
I find it overcomplicated for both sides, that’s why I’m asking for this feature :slight_smile:

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slight_smile:

1 Like