Square Launches in Spain
The Square developer platform is now available to Spanish developers
Square continues its European expansion with today’s launch in Spain offering a full stack of integrated business tools along with its developer platform. Following a successful Early Access Programme that began last September, now all merchants, enterprises, and developers across Spain can access the Square ecosystem with the tools and APIs that they need to start, run, grow, and adapt their businesses.
The Square suite of first party products are designed to seamlessly work with each other to save businesses time and money, reduce inefficiencies from managing multiple systems, and help sellers grow their businesses in the future. Businesses in Spain can also benefit from seamlessly integrating with tools in the Square App Marketplace like Prestashop, Quaderno, Bookeo and Deliverect to name a few.
Additionally, the Square developer platform offers a rich set of APIs and SDKs aimed at enabling developers to build applications custom made for their specific business needs or applications that complete the Square first party ecosystem of products. It gives additional choice to sellers who want to use first party Square tools and integrate them with the apps they like or apps they have built in-house to meet the specific needs of their business.
Spanish developers can now build innovative commerce applications that will enhance Square offerings and publish them on the Square App Marketplace. Popular APIs and SDKs include:
- Payments APIs: Square developer platform launches with APIs and SDKs for taking in-person, online, and in-app payments.
- Terminal API enables developers to connect Square Terminal to their apps for in-person card and contactless payments. With Terminal API, payments sync automatically with sellers’ favorite point of sales so they can focus on what matters most to their business.
- POS API enables developers to connect Square Reader for Contactless and chip payments with their point of sale application.
- In-App Payments SDK helps developers easily integrate Square payments into mobile apps.
- Invoices API allows developers to create and manage invoices for orders created through Orders API
- Subscriptions API enables developers to embed subscription functionality into their applications, giving sellers more options to generate reliable cash flow and recurring revenue
- Commerce APIs encompass the Orders, Catalog, Inventory, Merchant and Locations APIs which enable developers to build advanced commerce applications for Square sellers.
- Customers and Team APIs enable developers to manage customer and employee data within their app.
<head>tag of a website to create custom add-ons that sellers can add to their Square Online website.
Our suite of developer tools including our developer dashboard, documentation, technical reference and API Explorer are also fully available to Spanish developers starting today.
“Spain has a strong reputation for its abundance of high-caliber developers which is one of the many reasons we are excited to launch Square's platform here. We believe it will provide developers with the ability to grow their business by offering integrated applications to our rapidly growing seller base”
Marylise Tauzia, Head of Global Developer Engagement at Square
Our APIs & SDKs are free to use. Square offers fair, transparent, and merchant-friendly pricing for payment processing without requiring long-term contracts or extra fees. Square takes care of fraud prevention, dispute management, security, and compliance at no additional cost. Businesses can access their funds as soon as the next working day and only pay a transaction fee when they accept a card or mobile payment.
Visit developer.squareup.com to learn more about our platform capabilities, read our docs, and play with our developer tools.