Google Pay and Apple Pay SCA

@Bryan-Square found it in the data object. Ran another transaction and here are the details:

Id: L5g9jj1nJUa4VGvv35LQUhEA5fYZY
Order Id: iomEQeojzyURaFOTlfyROE6y1MSZY (if that helps)
Error: Authorization error: 'CARD_DECLINED_VERIFICATION_REQUIRED
Created At: 04/25/2022 19:22:02

What version of the SDK are you using to take the payment?

We are using the .NET API version 17.3.0 to process the payment in the backend.

Android Square app buyer verification version 1.3.0, Square Google Pay version 1.3.0 and play-services-wallet version 19.1.0.

So the In-App Payments SDK your using is 1.3.0? If so we recommend updating the SDK cause some changes were made in 1.5.1 for SCA.

@Bryan-Square we don’t use the In-App Card Entry SDK, we take payment on the app using a webpage not using the in-app SDK. We only use
‘com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:google-pay:1.3.0’ and ‘com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:buyer-verification:1.3.0’ to take payment via Google Pay in the app.

@Bryan-Square ok found that the Google Pay code base has been updated to 1.5.2 as well. Everywhere in the documentation it says to use 1.3.0…

So we have updated both Google Pay and the Verification libraries to 1.5.2 and still get the same error.

The latest failed payment id run against the 1.5.2 libraries is:
PjqWGxhA9iyu7t6iEyc97OZE11JZY

Where in our documentation are you seeing that it says to use 1.3.0? Everything should be updated to the latest version of the SDK for this to work. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square https://developer.squareup.com/docs/in-app-payments-sdk/add-digital-wallets/google-pay under step 1

@Bryan-Square our Apple wallet integration works as expected and calls the same backend code on our .NET site so really can’t see what else we can try on our end after upgrading to the latest version of the SDK on our Android app

Thanks for letting us know about the documentation. I’ve shared it with the team.

Also it’s not the backend code that’s the problem. It’s the client side that’s calling verifyBuyer. There was an issue with earlier versions of the SDK and it was fixed in 1.5.1. Now 1.5.5 is the latest version and we definitely recommend that you update to that version. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square upgraded the SDK to 1.5.2 and we still get the same issue when trying to put through a live payment using Google Pay. Same error message on our backend system.

Payment id - rdEgoUvkiRJtYWRZ4tjLYTN9SMVZY

Sorry, I was mistaken in my earlier post. The latest version is 1.5.5. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square aha that did it! We got a transaction through successfully, thanks for your help.

I will keep an eye on the Github page for any future updates.

Great, glad to hear that worked. :slightly_smiling_face: