“Account is not enabled for card processing” error code

Hi Nicoletta, I hear your frustration, but Woocommerce should be providing you with support for this error. Square in these forums is providing support to developers, not end users. It could well be that the location_id isn’t configured correctly. Without knowing further details, this does sound rather like a problem on your side, especially since it hasn’t been reported by others, and one would expect to see many reports if subscriptions had just stopped working. Obviously it may not be, but that is the next thing to be eliminated.

You do need to answer the questions being asked in order to progress this further. If you really can’t, and Woocommerce won’t help, you could try hiring someone. Make full offline backups before allowing them access.

If WooCommerce are ignoring you, try posting in all their available forums for them, as well as mentioning them on twitter/x and on the Wordpress support forum for them. Woocommerce might reasonably ask for a support fee here too. If your Square implementation is provided by a third party supplier, it’s them you’d talk to, and complain to, rather than WooCommerce or Square, at least until all these questions are answered.

I hope that’s helpful and direct enough to help you get to the next step! Best wishes, Brian

ps: “Business Location Names” should tie in with location_ids - if you give the name being used, that may help with what’s being asked.

I have taken a look at the location, and everything appears to be set up correctly. The one-time payments are going through, as you mentioned. However, if there is an issue with subscriptions, then this is something that the WooCommerce team needs to investigate. The fact that the account is processing payments correctly but not subscription payments suggests that the integration managed by WooCommerce is somehow configured incorrectly for the subscription object your customers are trying to pay for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Brian,
I have tried to get this resolved for many weeks now. Woo Commerce keeps saying there is something wrong with our Square account. We have disabled and enabled all the plugins and worked on our site endlessly but they keep saying it is Square. Can you please look into maybe our tokenization is not acting properly?

The account looks just fine. What did they say was wrong with the account? :slightly_smiling_face:

I was told the tokenization needs to be active for recurring and new subscriptions to work. I know Square subscriptions require tokenization, which is usually an additional feature. I am not sure if that is turned “on” or enabled for our account or not? If this was a woocommerce issue then Woocommerce won’t through a Square error code. If this was a Woocommerce issue, then debugging would have identified it.

The tokenization of a card is all done by WooCommerce with our Web Payments SDK. There isn’t anything additional that needs to be enabled. :slightly_smiling_face: