First Annual Bazel-iOS Con 2022
Join us at Bazel-IOS Con September 29, 2022
Square will be hosting the first annual Bazel-iOS conference — an open developer event for people building iOS applications with Bazel. You’re invited to join us for a day of iOS build talks, discussion groups, and panels with the Bazel-iOS core team.
Square uses Bazel to build our iOS apps and SDKs — and to make the development experience awesome. By adopting Bazel we improved performance, made the IDE more responsive, and regained control of our builds. Most of our build system is open source in the bazel-ios github org and is developed in collaboration with devs from companies like LinkedIn, Tinder, Snapchat, and Reddit.
The goal is to bring the community together for talks, social hour, and breakout discussions including “rules_ios roadmap” and “new-around-here.” Some of the topics we’ll cover include successfully migrating a production application to Bazel, improving developer experience with low-level performance optimizations, creating a flexible build system foundation with open source, and maybe a surprise or two 😉!
The event will be held on Thursday, September 29, 2022 at Square Headquarters, 1455 Market Street, San Francisco, CA from 9:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m. PST. We'll also have remote speakers and a recording of talks where approved. RSVP here.
- Aug 2022 — Request for talks sent
- Sep 1, 2022 — Request for talks deadline
- Sep 26, 2022 — Registration closes
- Sep 29, 2022 — Day of conference
Day of conference agenda (Pacific time)
- 9:30–10 a.m. — Coffee chat and social hour. We’ll have coffee for in-person guests who can check in starting at 9:15 a.m..
- 10–10:30 a.m. Kickoff and keynote
- 10:30–noon First round of talks
- noon–1 p.m. Lunch break
- 1–2 p.m. Second round of talks
- 2–4 p.m. Breakout discussions
- 4–4:30 p.m. Closing talk and address
- 4:30–6 p.m. Social hour