SQUARE TRADEMARK TERMS
Last Updated: 7/21/2016
Subject to your compliance with this Square Trademark Terms (the “Terms”), you may use the Square name and logos provided to you here (“Square Marks”) to let your customers know that Square (“we”, “us”, “our”) provides payment processing services for your business.
The Square Marks are important assets of Square business, and they are protected by US and international copyright and trademark laws. By using them you agree as follows:
- We grant you permission to use the Square Marks on a non-exclusive, non-transferable basis in the United States. This permission may be revoked at any time at our discretion. You will not display, copy, modify or transmit the Square Marks in any way except as described in these Terms or otherwise agreed in writing by Square.
- You may only use the Square Marks on that portion of your website or application that directly relates to payment processing services that we provide you. You won’t imply any relationship with Square other than the one that actually exists.
- Square may provide you with style or usage guidelines from time to time, including such things as size, color or placement. Unless we agree otherwise, you will use the Square Marks only in a way that is consistent with those guidelines. You will update your use of the Square Marks to conform to changes in the guidelines within a reasonable time after we provide you notice of the change.
- You acknowledge and agree that Square owns all right, title and interest relating to Square Marks. Except to the limited extent expressly provided in these Terms, Square does not grant, and you will not acquire, any right, title or interest (including, without limitation, any implied license) in or to any Square Marks, and all rights not expressly granted herein are deemed withheld. All use by you of Square Marks (including any goodwill associated therewith) will inure to the benefit of Square. You will not challenge, or assist others to challenge, the registered or common law rights of Square in any mark or the registration thereof by the other party, nor will you attempt to register any trademarks or domain names that are similar to those of Square.
- Square Marks are provided "as is" and Square disclaims any warranties either expressed or implied by law regarding the Square Marks, including warranties of noninfringement. Furthermore, in no event shall Square be liable to you under these Terms under any theory of liability including for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages arising out of these Terms or the use of the Square Marks. This limitation shall apply even if Square was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damages and notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy stated herein. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.