With one extension, expand the functionality of Dynamics 365 Business Central to accept in-person payments with Square Terminals, take card payments, and generate Square invoices. The Square Payments extension adds new functionality to posted and unposted sales invoices in Business Central. It also allows for new connections between Square customers and existing customers in Business Central.
There are two connections that must be made and configured to successfully use the Square Payments extension:
- The connection between Business Central and Azure. This configuration sets up an Azure function to authenticate with OAuth and listen for webhook events.
- The connection between Business Central and your Square account. This configuration ensures that your Square account can successfully send webhooks and is authorized to send information to Business Central.
Setting up the extension takes approximately 1 hour to complete. Additionally, you need:
- A Dynamics 365 Business Central account.
- An Azure Active Directory account with either Application Administrator or Application Developer access.
- An Azure subscription with the Owner role.
- A Square Terminal device (only if you're accepting in-person payments).