Sellers create a Square account and leverage the Square platform to support all parts of their business across Payments, Commerce, Customers, and Staff. The Square Developer Platform provides APIs for you to configure and access seller accounts and support merchant services across many locations.
The following APIs are available:
- Merchants API - Groups individual seller locations into a group, allowing them to operate as a single entity.
- Merchant Custom Attributes API - Extends the data model and associates seller-specific or application-specific information with merchants.
- Locations API - Allows you to get data about the locations for a merchant, such as their addresses, names, and business hours.
- Location Custom Attributes API - Extends the data model and associates seller-specific or application-specific information with locations.
In addition to in-house development, developers can create applications and offer them for a fee to Square sellers in the App Marketplace. For location-related solutions available in the App Marketplace, see Field Services.
The following Square products allow sellers to manage their Square account and business locations:
- Seller Dashboard - Provides sellers with tools to manage daily business operations. A seller can control just about everything needed to ensure that the business is running smoothly.
- Square Point of Sale - A free application of customizable tools that supports a seller's business needs, such as payments, sales, locations, inventory, analytics, eCommerce, and CRMs.